Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My little fat-fat

I was asked today by a friend what I do with my little fat fat. Do I breast feed or formula feed? The answer to that is formula feed. So lets get into this discussion.
I originally planned on only breastfeeding, however there are people who just do not produce enough, and well that was me. I have been told I didn't try hard enough blah blah blah....  I did everything I could. I went to lactation consultants for advice, I took fenugreek, drank mothers milk tea, tried warm milk with sesame seeds, drank 80+ oz of water a day, put him to the breast every time and then pumped 10 minutes after for a 1/3 hour, etc. I just could not keep up with his demand. So I supplemented with formula. Whatever he didn't get from me, he got from formula. If this is something that happens to you, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! Stress does not help WHAT-SO-EVER! I also recently found out (3 months later after researching it) fat-fat has a lip tie! We have a consultation tomorrow with his ENT to figure out what stage it is and what the next step is.
I am a firm believer in breast milk and that it does give the babies wonders of fortifying nutrients, however I do not knock down mothers who choose to solely formula feed. The baby is getting fed right?? RIGHT! So what difference does it make? I really is a matter on what you believe is best for YOUR baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment