Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Imagine and Create Thursday! (on wednesday this week)

SSSOOOOOOOO....... I have decided to do Imagine and Create Thursday!!!
Look I even have a
 LOGO>>>>>>>
YYYAAAYYY some normality in an otherwise hectic schedule! This will mainly be focused on creating something in my art journal and if I have time maybe a little something extra. :) So here it goes!

I did my first art journal page... it was so fun!

First of all, I always use Gesso to coat the page. It helps with blending and you are able to use any medium you want!!!

For my background, I used the Faber-Castell Gelatos. Really I just picked colors I liked and mixed them. Now let me tell you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE these nifty little things!!!! They go on like crayons but YOU CAN BLEND THEM!!! Oh My Gosh!!!
I started to spray a stencil with Heidi Swapps ink line and I didn't much like the outcome so I covered most of it, but I do like this stuff 
I then took my modeling paste and stencils and went to town. I felt girly at the moment so it came out all frilly and UH-MAZ-ZING!!! I am partial to my own work and all its imperfections:)

 I also took Distress ink from Tim Holtz and sponged on "Imagine" through a stencil, then used embossing glitter. Yes, that's right, I glitterized it!!! Something that is not so normal for me. I am definitly kind of a tom-boy, with a glittery twist


I also took some  pearl acrylic paint that I got on super sale, I'm talking like $.25 cents for a tube!!! Anywho~ I put it around the "Imagine".


Here is the end result, I love it, IMPERFECTIONS and all:)
Hope you enjoy!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment