Monday, May 12, 2014

Silhouette Challange! May flowers mixed media art!

Hey ya"ll!!

          Man OH man do I have some goodies for ya'll!!!! First off let me say that I am in a group of some wonderful Facebook buddies that challenge us to use our SILHOUETTE machine to come up with some wonderful ideas. Which you can check out at the end of this post! YYYAAAYYYY!!!! Please go check them out!!!

Ok so... lets get the ball rolling with the May Challenge...... FLOWERS!!!!

I had a particularly hard time with this because I really do not like flowers. I KNOW, I KNOW weird right?!?!?!!? However, I had so much fun with this!!!! I kind of wrapped the mother's day present all in a pretty bow with this one :) I made a mixed media art canvas with flowers made from my Silhouette Portrait!

Lets go step by step shall we?!?
See this mundane thing right here.... yep an empty canvas.... YUCK!! Don't ya just hate that... well lets spruce it up:)



I took some cool tissue paper that I found at Michael's and started with a background.
I love working with tissue because you can texture it or make sure to get all the wrinkles and bubbles out for a smoother look.





Lets lay it out before pasting it down shall we?



I use a matte gel to paste it down. It works as a phenomenal glue and sealer!


Let's get to gluing!


After that is all said in done I took a simple cell phone photo and made it all antique lookin' in Picmonkey. Then printed it. I didn't like the clean crisp edges so I got to ripping and tearing... then gluing down with that awesome matte gel again!



This is what I came up with:)




I love mustaches' because they are too darn cute, but they are too clean and crisp lookin'



So I took this nifty stuff called distress ink by Tim Holtz... GREAT STUFF BY THE WAY!!!




I also took a stencil and traced it by rubbing it around. 







Now next came the paper flowers that I made with my Silhouette... ya know the one in the background ;)
I love that machine! I think it is my best friend!!

I pretty much just placed them where ever I thought they looked nice.



I took some clear stamps and my blue stazon and started stampin on some scrap white paper.. The saying is "Gammies Minions" which is a saying my 4 year old came up with after watching Despicible Me 2. He calls his brother his little minion because he is convinced that he will be his little worker one day.... OH CHILD, Do you not know you are my minion??? Mwahahaha.... no but really, wipe off the stove! JUUUSSSTTTT KKKIIIDDD DDDIIING!!
I also stamped their names.. Zane Lee and Abel Korbyn-Schuyler. Just in case she decides to forget one day:) I LOVE YOU MOMMA!!



This is the end result!!! I may have to go back and add some more flowers or lace.... because what girl doesn't love lace right????


 I think she will love it ... at least I hope so:)
It is simple yet fun.




So.... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Momma's, God-Momma's, Auntie's, and Daddie's that are acting like Momma's too!

Love each and every one of you!!!




_____________________________________________________________________________

With out any more delay.... GO CHECK OUT ALL THESE LOVELY PROJECTS!!!!

Vellum Flowers Silhouette Challenge - Shape Challenge - Flowers Paper Wedding Roses Tea Party Invites Dr. Seuss Graduation Gift Hand Made Floral Cards for Mom Say it With Flowers - May Silhouette Challenge (Paper Craft) Confetti Flower Card Silhouette Challenge! May flowers mixed media art Wearable Flower Power ~ Silhouette Challenge Silhouette Sketch Pen Tutorial - Watercolor Flowers Dingbat Font Flower Garden Flag Stenciled Burlap Canvas Distressed White Washed Terra Cotta Pot with Book Page Flowers Creating Floral Fabric Teacups Using Your Silhouette Machine + Free Cut File! DIY Paper Flowers: 3D Paper Tulips DIY: Fabric Flower Hairpins Silhouette Sketch Pens Peony Prints Paper Purse Gift Card Holder 3d Watercolor Paper Peony Flowers DIY Home Decor Paper Blossom Branches Floral Note Card Set French Box Upcycle with Graphic Challenge ‪#‎silhouettechallenge‬ DIY Summer Activity Mason Jar Decor with Upcycled Pallet Wood Metal Etching flower kraft boxes Vellum Flower Arrangement Thank-You Cards {Made on Silhouette}
1. Create & Babble // 2. Kate's Paper Creations // 3. Please Excuse My Craftermath // 4. Tried & True // 5. unOriginal Mom // 6. Mama Sonshine // 7. Adventures in All Things Food & Family // 8. The Experimental Home // 9. The Outlandish Momma // 10. Whats Next Ma // 11. Dream a Little Bigger // 12. Silhouette School // 13. Creative Ramblings // 14. Our Rosey Life // 15. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 16. Practically Functional // 17. Minted Strawberry // 18. Two Purple Couches // 19. Simply Kelly Designs // 20. Grey Luster Girl // 21. TitiCrafty // 22. My Mom Made That // 23. Architecture of a Mom // 24. My Paper Craze // 25. The Sensory Emporium // 26. Ginger Snap Crafts // 27. Mabey She Made It // 28. McCall

10 comments:

  1. Great project! I love the layered look of mixed media, but I always worry that I would get too wrapped up in making it "perfect". (P.S. You're boys are super cute!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to make it perfect... it's kind of a bad obsession lol. I have to let my perfection go sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Awe thanks ya'll!

    Kristy~ thank you... I think I'll keep the handsome little goobers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the antiqued look! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cool project! I like how you shared so many different techniques in your project. And those two littles are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different textures and layers you used to create this canvas! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Quiсk question that's completeⅼy off topic.
    Do you know how to maкe your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my appⅼе iphone.
    I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might bᥱ able to correct
    tҺis problem. If yoս have any suggestions,
    please share. Thank yοu!

    ReplyDelete