Monday, June 9, 2014

Lets talk about Red White and Blue!

Hey ya'll!

Well this blog post kinda fell all into one with a few different things.
1st- My momma and pops are feeling down missing my little brother (he is in the Army)
2nd- This theme for my Silhouette Challange is Patriotic:)
3rd- My granpap, who was an outstanding member of society and a previous service member, passed away         friday the 6th.

Also don't forget to show love to all the Silhouetters at the end of the post!

I decided to make use of my pallets I have laying around :)

I tore apart the pallets as gently as I could so I had some viable pieces, then re-assembled it like this





I did some splishing and splashing with some paint and made it all pretty.

I decided to leave the original wood as the white because I cut white vinyl for the stars and didn't want to take away from that. Plus rustic is my momma's thing. She LOVES anything old lookin'.
I mean she lives in a 1700's house with a bit of a modern twist, like heat and a working shower and toilet.
HAHA Love you momma!

Of course I tried to do a paint stencil without sealing the dang thing first and well that didn't work out too well!

They look like star blobs. Half star half  blobs haha!

anywho
I left the blurbs because I thought it gave it character!

TA-DA! Here is my final project:)


Now go check out all the awesome patriotic inspiration and get to crafting!!!!

Love all you ladies that give support and inspiration everyday!




Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration! Monogrammed Patriotic Serving Tray Captain American Romper Patriotic Burlap Stars (Pottery Barn Knockoff) Patriotic Onesie {Plus Free Cut File} Patriotic Shirts with Layered Heat Transfer Vinyl DIY Patriotic Tote Bag Red, White & Blue - Patriotic Decorations How To Create DIY Temporary Tattoos Made in America Freezer Paper July 4th Shirts Red, White, and Blue Paper Star Lanterns Fourth of July Rustic Flag Paper Sparklers Pretty Patriotic Pillow Nautical Star Burlap Banner: Stencil Material Tutorial Patriotic Map Art Wooden Fire Crackers; July Silhouette Challenge DIY Chalkboard and Vinyl World Map Let's Talk about Red White and Blue! DIY 4th of July Baby Outfit How To Make A Pinwheel {+ Free Template} Patriotic Nail Art Star Jewelry Vinyl on Wood Blocks Land That I Love Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Placemats DIY Paint Splattered Patriotic Tote Bag Patriotic Mason Jar Candle Holders
1. Our Rosey Life // 2. My Mom Made That // 3. The Kim Six Fix // 4. Create & Babble // 5. The Frill of Life // 6. My Paper Craze // 7. Kate's Paper Creations // 8. Simply Kelly Designs // 9. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 10. Mama Sonshine // 11. Lil Mrs. Tori // 12. Tried & True // 13. It Happens in a Blink // 14. McCall Manor // 15. The Thinking Closet // 16. unOriginal Mom // 17. Sowdering About // 18. Weekend Craft // 19. The Outlandish Momma // 20. Adventures in All Things Food // 21. Practically Functional // 22. Silhouette School // 23. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 24. Ginger Snap Craft // 25. Pineapples And Pinecones // 26. Black and White Obsession // 27. TitiCrafty // 28. Architecture of a Mom //

9 comments:

  1. I love how your project turned out! I kept some "character" in my silhouette project, too, this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! What is a "perfect" scenerio??? A little character lol :)

      Delete
  2. This is so much fun!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the little stars in the corner! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, I kinda fancy them too:) It shows my true crafter mess:)

      Delete
  4. I love your twist on the Stars & Stripes! Your blog is great I just started in October.
    SC Love,
    Karen Marie Kedzuch
    Dragonfly & Lily Pads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Karen:) I don't post as much as I want ::sad face:: Kids and school get in the way, but i'm trying to work on it:)

      Delete
  5. Hi there I am so happy I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Google for something else,
    Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a incredible post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time
    to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also
    added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.


    My blog post - domain

    ReplyDelete