Friday, January 3, 2014

The impending storm of doom

I live in the wonderful winter land of Connecticut. Yes the state where there is nothing to do but.... dun dun dun..... GAMBLE!!! To top it off, it is one of the most expensive places I have ever lived, and most people are CRAZY! Some crazy good and others not so much, but I wouldn't trade it for anything because this is where my family is.
To start my day off, a winter storm hits, they called for anywhere from 6-12 inches of snow. Now I thought that wasn't going to be so bad as last year we got about 2-3 feet of snow. So I precede with my day as normal, what is a little bit of snow?? Nothing right??? Apparently I did not get the memo that the world was about to end so I took my little fat-fat to the doctor, and as my suspicions were correct, he is getting to be a little chunk!!! 9 pounds 7 ounces of little adorable baby chunk! The longest 2 hours of my life sitting in a doctors office with a newborn and 4 year old!
As my day wears on I had to do some grocery shopping before this "impending storm of doom" hit. I am talking just a little grocery shopping. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?!
The stores were EMPTY, I am talking no water, no batteries, no food. Yet I am pretty sure every person in Connecticut was at the store. Not to mention there was only 2 registers out of 22 open?!?!?! oh well right? Not much you can do about that.
This impending storm of doom hits and guess how much snow we have on the ground???? A WHOPPING 4 INCHES!!!!!! OH MY GOSH WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! I go to the store today, and not only are there NO PEOPLE, the shelves are fully stocked and there seemed to be 20 out of 22 registers open.

~I will never understand how the wonders of the world work~

No comments:

Post a Comment