Saturday, March 29, 2014

Diy for household items!

Hey ya'll!

I'm laying here in bed wide awake..... The insomnia bandit has struck again!!! So why not do something productive?? That's right, I am writing to all my lovies! My wonderful readers who like to hear me babble... raw and uncut.

As I am laying here, I start to think "ok, what should I write about??" and then it hit me. Everyone loves to save money and some like it for the "do it yourself" kick.

So let me tell you my story.

Yesterday I went to Walmart looking for citric acid. They say they sell it, online even says stores have it. I looked in EVERY section for it and couldn't find it.

I go up to one of the employees and ask "do you know where I can find the citric acid? "  He gives me this ungodly stare and turns pale white. He says "Miss that's sone pretty dangerous stuff, might I ask what your using it for???" I politely reply, with a smile on my face "I am using it to make my own dishwasher detergent." He says he has no clue so on to the next employee in a different section!

I go back to the food section and ask another person, and the conversation was a little different.
Me- "Maam do you know where I can find the citric acid?"
Employee- "Your not going to find that here. It's toxic to everyone's health and and can be used easily to kill people."

I now his this baffled look on my face and the smart*** that I am.... I have the gears turning in my head. I go get 3 items. Crystal light packages, jello, and fruit cups. I take them to the same lady and ask her to read the first ingredient on all those items.... well guess what?!?!? I'll be darned, if it isn't that deathly thing called CITRIC ACID!!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE NOW!!!!! OOOOOHHHHHH MMMMMYYYYYY LLLLAAAANNNNDDDDSSSSS!!!!

The look on her face was priceless. Bless her little heart:)
I go and ask around again, and to my surprise on gentle men told me it's the same thing as fruit pectin. So I buy it, it's only $1.29. For those of you that don't know, fruit pectin is the stuff you buy to can items. It's the jelly stuff!

I go home, research it, and low and behold the gentleman was correct!!!

4 simple items.
Fruit pectin
Salt
Washing soda
Borax.

Yup, my dishes are clean for under 10 bucks. Now you won't use all the ingredients for a while and you'll have to purchase more fruit pectin. But the way I figured it, 10 bucks for all the stuff and 2 batches makes about  288 loads because you only need 1 teaspoon. I figure it's around $.03 for one load.

Amazing right???!!!

If ya want the full recipe just let me know!

Either contact me here or email me!
Theoutlandishmomma@gmail.com

Enjoy guys!

With love,
~T

No comments:

Post a Comment